|The pedigree of a Kings son|
|We do not read in the book of generations of Christ in Mathew 1: Abraham begat Isaac out of Sarah; Isaac begot Jacob out of Rebecca or Jacob begat Judah out of Lea. These honored women among the Israelites are not mentioned, but in contrast we read of five women who are more or less suspended by a Jew.|
The general lesson is: Our savior came not for noble men and women, not for the upper class, but for us despised sinners.
These 5 give us also individually a lesson. If we were able to ask them: “How on earth is it possible that you got a place in the Lords genealogy?”…
Tamar could say: “ it’s by my sin, (see Gen. 38. However, Judah’s sin was greater than her sin);
Rehab could say: “ It’s by faith, I received the messengers and hang the line of scarlet thread out of the window.” ( see Joshua 2:17, and 6:25);
Ruth could say; “It’s by grace, for the law excluded me, but grace overruled the law” ( See Deut23:3).
Batsheba (not named as such) could only say: It’s free election of God (see 2 Sam.7, 1 Kings 1:11-13, 1:48);
Maria the humble maiden, out of the dry trunk of Isaiah, could say: it’s because the work of the Holy Spirit.
And why do we, believers, get a place in the book of life of the slain Lamb? Because of the some reasons:
1. Because of sin: Jesus said: “for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (Mathew 9:13, see also Rom. 5:6-10;
2. Because of faith: “Being justified by faith, we have peace with God” Rom.5:1;
3. Because of grace: “Being justified freely by His grace” Rom. 3:24, see also 3:19-20;
4. Because of election: ‘Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect”? Rom. 5:33
5. Because of the work of the Holy Spirit: “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit” (John 3:5); “Being born again …by the Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23.
What a Savior do we have! Glory to His Name